Saturday, October 15, 2011

Celestron AstroMaster 114 EQ Telescope


Celestron AstroMaster 114 EQ Telescope

The AstroMaster Series produce bright, clear images of the Moon and planets. It is easy to see the moons of Jupiter and the rings of Saturn with every one of these fine instruments. For views of the brighter deep space objects like galaxies and nebulae, we recommend the larger aperture and light gathering ability of the Newtonian reflectors.

Product Review

I had been thinking for quite some time that I would like to have a telescope. I did considerable research, and I know a bit about the designs and possibilities of many different ones. The result of this, of course, is that I'd like to have an 8" Cassegrain with a GOTO equatorial mount.

A small f9 Newtonian with a modifying lens in the eyepiece train to shorten the tube. It has two eyepieces (x50 & x100), two tube rings and a red dot finder. I don't like the finder - too bright. A right-angled telescope finder would be nice but more expensive. The tube rings have 1/4 inch threaded.

I'm a beginner stargazer and I got the telescope through Air Miles based on reviews that I had read. I've always been interested in learning about astronomy and figured this was a good way to start seeing as the Astromaster 114EQ is a beginner's telescope.

No comments:

Post a Comment